1.25.2013

approaching a milestone

Jeremy knows he is turning 2 in one week.  He must.  He is suddenly changing the way he does everything.  For one, kind of huge, I haven't changed a dirty diaper in a week and a half.  Craziness after 5 years of changing lots of them.  And slowly he is letting me know before he wets his diapers too. 

http://youtu.be/5LALBKFXmI0



He has tried to dress himself the last few mornings.  I put the shirt over his head and he insists on getting his arms in.  He sits there like he is in a straight jacket, and sometimes gets an arm in the right spot.  So sweet and independent.

He has added sooo many words at once.  Rock, worm, chin, baby, Stella, up, down.  So exciting. 

Possibly most exciting, is that he has been eating a little more variety, which is so huge to me.  I have force fed him a bit, which is probably frowned upon all over the place, but he will now sometimes willingly open his mouth for eggs, pears, carrots, bananas, cauliflower, chicken, and cheerios.  I have been convinced he would end up 40 yrs old refusing all vegetables and surviving on only peanut butter sandwiches.  And he has just all out refused to allow a cheerio in his mouth for his whole life.  Now he gobbles up those cheerios.  Woo hoo! 



and how crazy is it that this was a year ago. 

I accidentally took the same picture almost one year apart!  I wonder how many more years he would allow a bath-time ducky picture if I made it a tradition?  I will have to add some words for next week.  There is too much change happening too fast right now.  I think I should wait until the night before he turns two to add his accomplishments.  Who knows what amazing things he might do this week!


xoxo  Keri
Posted by Picasa