1.30.2013

Bilingual ramblings

I have always said that I wouldn't worry about that fact that Jeremy wasn't talking much until after he turned two.  The girls talked far before that, but everyone says most boys are different.  I think Jeremy heard me and totally understood.  He knows he turns two in a few days, and is adding new words like crazy. 

He now says "I love you".  Not spontaneously, but if you ask him, he'll sometimes say it with the sweetest smile.  I think he knows what he is saying, and it is my favorite thing!

He learned to say "hello" yesterday, and "yellow" today.  They sound exactly the same [ello], but he knows the difference.  He actually can distinguish and name blue [boo], green [neen], and yellow [ello] most of the time.  Oh, and maybe purple too!

Today when I lifted him out of the car after Stella's dance class, he walked up to the porch saying "hello, hola!, hello, hola!....".  He is either:
a:  a genius baby who went from almost mute to bilingual
b:  watching a lot of Dora and Diego
c:  just lucky with the combination of syllables he chose to test out.

I honestly have no idea which answer is correct.

This has nothing to do with Jeremy, but I wanted to write it while I thought of it because it made me giggle the other day.

John and the kids were watching tv and a car commercial came on:

John:  Sylvie, do you know what kind of car that is?
Sylvia:  A Honda?
John:  No, it's an Audi.
Sylvia:  Oh......I have an "Innie"

hahaha!!

There is a lot of focus on belly buttons around here, because Jeremy is obsessed with his and sometimes pulls his "innie" out!  Ugh.  next subject

I love these photos.  Sylvia is an amazing reader.  She loves reading for Stella's class, and often reads Jeremy his favorite books..."Goodnight Moon" or any of the Sandra Boynton books.  Here, she was reading to Jeremy as I got ready to give Stella a bath.  That is a HUGE help considering what a handful Stella is to get clean.  She goes from screaming at the top of her lungs because "a drop of water got near her eye" to singing songs with her own lyrics "I wash my body and my hiney butt..ooh yeah!".  Jeremy would definitely be trying to climb in that bath tub if it weren't for Sylvia!

and..by the way....Jeremy is still doing an awesome job potty training himself (I really feel that way). 
xoxo  Keri