10.12.2008

mini me

A few different people have recently referred to Sylvia as my "mini-me". I am convinced they are just thrown off by those pretty blond curls. As far as I'm concerned, this is a mini-John with pretty pink headbands.
Last week, Sylvie was working a puzzle, and I was very impressed with how well she was doing. She did her two easiest puzzles with little difficulty and even got some pieces of the third puzzle in by herself. However, the pieces that didn't find the right spot within 10 seconds, were promptly flung across the family room. If that isn't John, I don't know what is. I would also attribute her obsession with hats, shoes, and all accessories to John. She can't ride her elephant without her cowboy hat, and she doesn't miss a chance to try on Mommy and Daddy's shoes. (or Mark's shoes, as she refers to Daddy's Nike flip flops). I think her love of all accessories is the reason she generally leaves in her barrettes, hair ties, and headbands, which amazes all of the other Mommy's. That's a great thing, because otherwise, with those wild waves, I don't think she'd be able to see. We'd probably have to shave her head - then people would definitely call her mini-John :)
and here is a link to a few more Porch photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TexFamily/PlayingOnThePorch#