4.23.2010

girls day out

It has gotten much easier to get the girls out of the house now that Sylvia has become very independent. She gets picks out her clothes, gets dressed, and goes potty on her own. The outfits are usually pretty well put-together. The other day she picked out her pants to patch her hot pink underwear. "Look Mommy! My pants match the pillow on my bed...and my butt!!" Stella is still challenging, screaming whenever I change her diaper, and whenever the mood strikes her. She is generally happy to go to library or out shopping though, and the girls seem to take turns throwing tantrums, which keeps everything to a controlled level of chaos.The other day I took them to the bank to show Sylvia how to use the change counting machine, so she would understand what she may do with her piggy banks. Once she heard that the bank gives you MORE money for keeping your money, she was on board with taking the pig (and the cow and the rabbit and the bear banks) to the Bank to count and deposit her change.After that, we went to Michaels, which Sylvie refers to as "Big Michaels". Too much American Idol for a 3 year old, anyone?? By the end of our shopping, Sylvia was throwing a huge tantrum, for reasons I didn't understand. After a few minutes of sobbing she cried out, "I just want to go to AC Moore!". Too many craft stores, anyone?? Haha!And, Sylvie has continued to name songs that she wants to put on Sylvie songs, Volume 2. At this point, the second CD will include John Flynn songs, John Lennon Songs [Instant Karma is her fav], and the Subway commercial "5 Dollar Foot Long". Too funny. Writing the paper cover for the first CD is on my "to-do" list to explain the song choices and meaning to her, while I still remember - my memory is incredibly short these days and Sylvia's is amazing! She looks at pictures from last summer and can tell you what happened in great detail...."We were chasing little leaves in the pool and then I got a boo boo and Daddy was taking a nap because he was worn out......" Wow! I can't tell you how many times she has shocked me when she recalls the events from a certain photo. It is wonderful timing that she has developed an amazing memory just as mine has failed :)