4.22.2010

little flowers

Little flowers on my little helpers and little flowers on the new plants to replace those "stick bushes".....Hello spring! Sylvie helped me move dirt around, and we did our best to make sure Stella didn't eat any grass, sticks, or mud while she played nearby. We still need to plant a few more little flowers and add some new mulch - looking forward to it!For the record, we planted a pretty little purple gem rhododendron, an emerald gaiety euonymus, and a mediterranean pink heather on one side - see below. It might help to have record of exactly what they are in case they start having issues - although I've been pretty lucky in the past.....fingers crossed!I LOVE the color or the purple gem, and it reminds me a little of the one I had at the townhouse, only smaller and cuter (just like my little helpers!). The other side of the front has similar plants with 2 white azaleas (not doing much yet) and a pretty pink olga rhododendron. Finally, I let Sylvie pick out a wind chime for the porch. She fell in love with them when we were browsing at a deck store while Daddy made big deck decisions, and Sylvie loves her wind chime (so do I!). We also all love the progress John has made with the deck. We can now walk out of the house and down the completed steps into our back yard. Beautiful work - I need to take some updated photos! But for now, here is the wind chime: