8.01.2010

best buddies

Everyday when Stella wakes up from her nap, always at least an hour or so before Sylvie, she tries every trick she knows to sneak into Sylvie's room. Usually, I manage to keep her busy in a different room, but every now and then she manages to sneak into the hallway and races for the door. I'm always amazed at Sylvie's response to her little sister's face 2 inches away saying "Hi!". Sylvie always smiles and is not just tolerant of being climbed on and bumped around, but usually very happy to see her little buddy. That is saying something of Sylvia, who does not react well to being woken up. I had to wake her up just a little early one day this week, and that was impossible. I think I saw the future of many difficult school days ahead! Maybe Stella will help me wake her with a smile :)
Here is a video from last January of the Sylvie and Stella show, otherwise known as Taylor Swift and her bouncing sidekick:

and another from later that same day: Daddy and his giggling girls: