8.02.2010

Stella speaks

Stella is determined to add new words to her endless stream of chatter and frustrated growls, and I just thought I'd take the time to make note of them. Her clearest words are, and have been for some time: hi, uh-oh, No, Mama, and Dada
some recent additions: hello (while on a pretend phone), baby, up, Quack quack and woof woof (which sound identical :), and here (when she hands you something)

At one year she was slowly starting to walk around on her own, and within 2 weeks I swear she was running. I feel like that is starting to happen with her words. She REALLY wants to talk. Today at the store Sylvie was asking Stella "What does a duck say?", "What does a puppy-dog say?" and Stella gave her best answers each time. I am going to catch that again on video. It was the cutest!!

In the meantime, here are some clips from Stella's first birthday, just about 3 months ago: