11.17.2010

pictures at the park

We had beautiful weather last week, so my neighbor and I took the girls to Valley Forge Park to get photos of the girls and some pics of the "baby bump".  I spent a few minutes explaining to Sylvia what a "baby bump" was and why my neighbor wanted to get some photos by a sign that said "Bump", and she seemed to understand.  Later, when she saw the little bumps the top of my jeans made under my shirt, she said "Oh, NOW I see the baby bumps!".  So funny.


The girls were tired and cranky, my neighbor was balancing her camera while chasing her own toddlers, and there were people all over the place, but somehow she got some GREAT shots!!  (Did I mention, she made the adorable hats and cuts all of our hair too!?)  Thanks Kris!


Sylvie and I are are working on a wreath for Thanksgiving called a "Gratitude Wreath".  When I asked her if she knew what gratitude was, she said "Yeah, it's when something drops.".  I was so impressed that she knew what gravity was!  With a little luck, we'll have a photo of that wreath......soooooon!

Stella has been teeting horribly lately, and is crazy attached to me.  Sylvia, on the other hand, has been crazy attached to John.  I'm hoping this phase for both lessens a bit and passes before baby brother arrives.  Baby is doing great, kicking A LOT, and has a probable name.  I'm a little afraid to commit to the name - each time I did with Stella, I changed my mind 2 seconds later.  It's Isabel, no wait, Emily, no wait....But, baby J has a probable name.  John and Sylvie have started to refer to him by it, so I better commit soon!


Stella is talking a little more each day and sings ALL the time.  She wakes up each morning singing for a few minutes before shouting "Mom, mommy, mom, mama!!"  I love it!  And as she learns to talk and sing, Sylvie is slowly learning to read and write.  I always have her trace letters, but didn't realize she could almost write her name on her own.  Yeah, the "S" looks like a "2", but check out the rest! 


And finally, if you couldn't see that video in the last post, here is the link: http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/wncRayNBRiQuDFd2

Sylvie is obsessed with it. 

Lots of love, 

Keri

1 comment:

  1. OMG - that video CRACKS ME UP every time I watch it....toooooo funny! :) And, of course, I love, love, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete