11.05.2008

seven bridges road

Sylvia is still pretty obsessed with "Happy Birthday". This video was taken at the end of September. I realize watching this now, that she was probably singing to Carys (it was her 2nd birthday that triggered the "Happy Birthday" obsession. ) At the time, I thought she said Miss Carrie, her daycare teacher, which led to a whole discussion about daycare.

Sylvia now loves daycare, thank goodness. She usually complains more when I pick her up than when we drop her off. She agrees to come with me only after I tell her we can look for the horses on the way home (she LOVES the horsies.) Everyday she checks whether they are inside or outside, and whether they have blankets on their back, which leads to many, many "why?" questions. Why does the horse where a blanket, why is it cold, why is summer over??

Luckily for me when I run out of answers, I can sometimes distract her with music. The other day "Seven Bridges Road" came on the radio and she literally cheered and clapped the whole song and asked "Again?" when it was over. She loves live songs and clapping along with the audience. Although, I'm sure in this case, she also loved the song itself. It's in her blood.