11.24.2008

happy birthday horsie

Whoa. The little baby in the "Waiting for baby" box surprised me when I logged on tonight. I didn't realize baby would be updated so realistically, with veins and everything.

Anyway, I had fun watching Sylvia play with all of the little beanie baby animals last Friday. It is a world where the Koala bear is the kitten's mommy and the polar bear is the puppy dog's mommy. And...the frog and the rooster just love to kiss. When she pulled out the unicorn, I spent a lot of time explaining what a unicorn is. A pretend animal that looks like a horse with a horn on it's head, blah, blah, blah. She stared at him very seriously for a good minute. I thought she was processing what I told her, but she had her own ideas evolving.
Suddenly, she broke into a huge smile, and started singing "happy to you horsie, happy to you horsie...."

There are no such thing as unicorns. Only horses with shiny birthday hats on their heads.