8.31.2011

the last nap

Sylvia has been slowly giving up naps.  I usually just tell her to have some quiet time after lunch.  Yesterday she took a bunch of library books in the guest room to relax.

When I checked on her I found books all over the bed and sweet, sleeping Sylvia.

When she finally woke up she was instantly smiling for the camera :)

Then she texted some friends from her Blackberry.


Haha!  Just kidding.  I don't know what she was doing there.  We were just chatting about something.
Such a sweetheart.  All day yestereday and today, as people have been posting pictures of "the night before kindergarten" and "the first day of school", all I can think is that I am so glad she is only 4.  This child has been waiting forever to turn 5 so she can go to kindergarten, but I'm glad she has to wait another full year.  My little baby:)

Although, it took her a long time to fall asleep last night, so I think, in general, naps are done.  Today, instead of quiet time, we had Mommy-daughter Wii Fit time!

p.s.  at the bottom of each blog post on the web-site, there are three recommended other posts "you might like".  After I posted this entry, this older one showed up and caught my eye:  http://thetexfamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/best-buddies.html
If you have time, watch the videos from that one.  Stella is just a month or so older than Jeremy is now and Sylvia was 2 1/2 or so.  I need to take more videos!!

Lots of love,

Keri
Posted by Picasa