9.23.2010

precious little baby

To my little baby:

When I first found out you existed, Daddy was on a business trip, and I had to wait 2 whole days to share the news - such torture!! Daddy came home on our wedding anniversary and his gift was a positive pregnancy test in a gift bag. After examining the test carefully to make sure it was real and that it was really positive, Daddy was thrilled. Sylvie was thrilled too - "Mommy gave you a special marker Daddy! Happy Anniversary, Daddy!!"

We told your sisters about you a month or 2 later, and Sylvie was thrilled. She jumped up and down saying "Stella, we're going to have another baby!". Stella smiled because everyone was so excited, but she still doesn't know what's coming. I asked Sylvie if she thought Stella was ready to be a big sister and she said "No! They'll pull each other's hair." Look out little one - she might pull your hair.

At my first visit, I was thrilled the new doctor offered to try to hear the heart-beat. I've read that to hear the heart-beat that early the doctor must be experienced, patient, and a little lucky. Dr. Barton said she'd only try if I promised not to freak out if we couldn't hear it. I promised (possibly lying...), but luckily we did hear your beat, fast and strong. Tears of joy! Love that new doctor :)

The first ultrasound was a week or 2 later, and we got your first baby photos. So tiny, so sweet, so precious. My neighbors kept saying I didn't look pregnant at all - (which worried me). Then, around 19 weeks my belly popped out - way out! (which worried me :) I've felt you since around 12 weeks or so (crazy early!!), lots some weeks, none other weeks. Now, since week 18 or so, I feel definite baby movement, getting very close to being felt from the outside. You move so much already! More than little Stella ever did (which worried me constantly).

Once again, Daddy decided he didn't want to find out if you were a boy or a girl until you arrived, and once again he has changed his mind. (Yay!). We are so excited to know more about you. Sylvie wants you to be a boy (because Dora has a baby sister AND a baby brother) and she has a $5 bet with Daddy. Stella is just confused why my belly is so big. So tomorrow is the big day. Cannot wait to see you, get more pictures, and hopefully find out if you are my daughter or my son. Lots and lots of love ~ Mommy

And.....a few videos of the girls dancing. We do a lot of that around here little baby - if you are a little princess, you will fit right in. If you are the little boy of the family - no worries. Daddy will show you how to dance like a cool guy :)

Check out Sylvie's signature move:

p.s. If you haven't seen the videos from the last post - you have to check out the last one. Stella in her soccer uniform is too much!