4.06.2011

Weigh in week 5: Busy, busy, busy

I often think we are very busy in our house, but I have no idea what we accomplish each day!


We had all three kids at the Phillies game on Sunday and all three had a great time.  Well, I'm not sure Jeremy knew he was ever there, but he had a great nap anyway.



The girls both started soccer again on Saturday.  Sylvia was THRILLED.  Not just for soccer, but because she was moving up from the grasshopper class to the bumble bee class. 

Sylvia was finally able to design some of her Barbie dresses that she got for her birthday.  She was excited when we had a rainy afternoon this week, and I let her work on the wedding gown.  Her Barbie had to postpone the wedding two times before that because the weather was too nice to stay indoors and decorate a dress! 

Stella had a big week - she moved up into the "big girl" toddler bed.

Of course, that is only because she fell out of her crib during naptime on Saturday.  She gave me a heart attack, but Stella appear to be fine, and the big girl bed is working out great.



Jeremy is a very relaxed little baby, as long as his tummy is full!  At 2 months he is in size 3-6 month clothing, and is moving into size 2 diapers.




He eats every 3 hours during most of the day, switches to every 2 hours in the evening, and if I'm really lucky, goes 4-6 hours for the first stretch of the night. 


He has just started to really smile, and I have 2 adorable videos to post soon.  But for now, I'll just post all of these adorable photos :)   Lots and lots more here.


For the last weigh-in, I was only down 0.5 pounds.  Moving in the right direction, but I feel like the Yo Gabba Gabba song that Sylvia sings "baby steps, baby steps".  The second verse of the song is "Great Big Giant Steps..."  Hopefully that will be the song for next week.

Here is the chicken recipe I used tonight.  I always look through multiple recipes to find the right temp and time to bake this - now I have it here:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup mustard (I used 1/8 cup stone ground and 1/8 cup wasabi mustard)
2 T butter (necessary??)
big squirt of lemon juice

Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and put chicken in.  Add butter, honey, mustard, and lemon juice in bowl, microwave about one minute until butter is melted and mix.  Spoon over chicken.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. When there is about 10 minutes left, flip chicken over and spoon sauce from bottom of pan over top of chicken.

Love this and I think each 1/2 breat is 6 points.  The recipe I used for the salmon last week was similar, but with horseradish.  I'll post that one next time around.

Week 5:  0.5 pounds  Total:  11 pounds



Keri
Lots of love,