3.08.2011

Weigh-In Day

I walked past a small tear-off calendar in the hallway today and realized it was still on January.  The January page had a message about antioxidants:  "Studies have shown that antioxidants may slow or help prevent cancer, heart disease, and other diseases .... Good sources of antioxidants are berries, kidney beans, spinach, sweet potatoes, cinnamon and oregano."

I started Weight Watchers online program March 1st to shed this baby weight, and the grocery list included blackberries, blueberries, spinach, and sweet potatoes.  I guess even if I don't get the weight off I'll be fighting off bad diseases.  Win-win :)

So, I traded in cheese for lots of fruits and veggies and traded in juice for hot tea.  This is my favorite tea of the moment (Wild Sweet Orange Tazo Tea):
 
You can get it at Target, among other places.  No need for any sugar or honey, which helps with the WW points :)

So, week one down 4.5 pounds.  Yay! 

p.s.  whatever I said about Jeremy showing signs of being a good sleeper has jinxed a good thing.  The last two nights were not good.  The healthy eating must be giving me extra energy because I think I got a total of 3.5 hours of sleep last night, spread out in spurts throughout the night.  Hope naps go well today...

Lots of love, 
Keri